If you are like me, you love the garlic dipping sauce from Papa John’s. I love this buttery garlic sauce. It is the perfect dipping sauce for pizza. Delicious yes, healthy well, chances are you aren’t eating pizza to start with.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
You might wonder how you can make your garlic dipping sauce for pizza like Papa John’s. I have a recipe for you. Papa John’s garlic dipping sauce is a creamy garlic sauce that is perfect to dip those pizza crusts into.
When you make it from scratch, you can use it for so many more things. You can spread it on bread for a simple garlic toast, or even spread some on a steak just before serving.
Why This is the Best Papa John’s Garlic Sauce Recipe
There are a couple of reasons my copycat recipe is better than all the others:
- Liquid Margarine – It’s the real secret to this recipe. Papa John’s doesn’t use butter and so margarine is the right ingredient to use.
- Consistency – My copycat sauce has the same consistency as Papa John’s sauce. It’s thick and creamy and not melted.
Garlic Sauce Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need:
- Garlic – use fresh garlic cloves
- Liquid Margarine
Yes, just 2 simple ingredients are all you need!
Fresh garlic is key and grating the garlic cloves brings out the flavor and gives it the right texture. Chopped garlic will make the sauce lumpy and you want the sauce to be smooth. Use a Microplane grater for best results.
I recommend using Parkay Squeeze Margarine because it is the closest match to the margarine Papa John’s uses in the sauce.
How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce
- Peel and grate the garlic.
- Place the grated garlic in a small bowl and add the margarine.
- Stir to combine.
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
What to Serve with Garlic Sauce
Pizza and breadsticks are the perfect companions to this sauce. You can also use it for:
- Baked Potatoes – use it instead of plain butter.
- Mashed Potatoes – great for making garlic mashed potatoes.
- Pasta – for a simple garlic pasta dish.
- Seafood – melt it for dipping lobster or shrimp into it.
- Steak – spread it on while the steak is hot.
- Vegetables – great for adding flavor to steamed or roasted veggies.
How to Store Garlic Dipping Sauce
Place the sauce in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It will last for 4 to 5 days.
If you love garlic, you should make garlic aioli and garlic wings.
Try These Great Copycat Sauce Recipes
Popular Pizza Recipes
Be sure to check out more of my easy sauce recipes and the best fast food recipes here on CopyKat.com!
Papa John’s Garlic Sauce
You can make Papa John’s garlic dipping sauce with this easy copycat recipe.
Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/4 cup liquid margarine Parkay squeeze margarine recommended
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated garlic about 4 garlic cloves
Peel garlic and grate it with a grater.
Place 2 to 3 teaspoons of the grated garlic into a small bowl.
Add liquid margarine and stir well.
Allow the garlic sauce to rest for about 20 minutes before serving.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2030IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg