Making Chilis salsa isn’t hard to do. Now you can make your own version of Chilis Restaurant Salsa at home. You can make salsa just like Chili’s with this copycat recipe.
Canned tomatoes and canned green chiles make preparing this salsa easy. A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavors of this Chili’s salsa recipe.
Chilis Copycat Salsa
Chilis salsa is so easy to make. It’s packed full of chunks of tomatoes, onions, peppers, and more. You never have to worry about being without a jar of salsa again, because you will always be able to whip up a batch of homemade salsa that tastes great. You could make this salsa and slip it into a mason jar, and use it as your own salsa.
You can also customize this recipe to your personal liking. If you want more garlic, you can add more garlic. What I also love about this recipe is that by using canned ingredients you can have this salsa any time of year.
So why not whip up a batch of this great-tasting Chilis salsa today? Don’t forget to grab a bag of chips! Be sure to grab your favorite thin corn tortilla chips for a restaurant experience.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Canned diced jalapeño chiles – you could use fresh, but the heat tends to be more predictable with the canned peppers
- Yellow onion
- Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Canned whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- Garlic salt
- Ground cumin
- Lime juice, optional
- Fresh cilantro, optional
How to Make Chili’s Salsa
- Place the jalapeños and onions in a food processor. Process for just a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes, garlic salt, cumin, and sugar.
- Add lime juice and cilantro if desired.
- Process until everything is well blended, but do not puree.
- Place in a covered container, and chill well before serving.
This salsa can be made quickly in no time at all. You will most likely spend more time assembling your ingredients than you will be making this salsa. I personally love to add a little extra fresh garlic to my salsa, but that is just me. Now whip out those tortilla chips, and enjoy your salsa.
More ways to use Copycat Chili’s salsa recipe
Sure, this goes great with chips, but here are some other ideas for you!
- Use as a topping on eggs
- Top your favorite nachos with some of this homemade salsa
- Try this in an Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe
- Serve with your favorite Taco Salad
How long does your homemade Chili’s salsa last?
This salsa lasts for about 3 to 5 days when stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I know that once you try this recipe, it will become one of your favorite salsa recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze salsa. It stays fresh for up to 4 months. Store in an airtight container, or vacuum pack the salsa. Thaw completely before using.
There is no added sugar in Chili’s salsa.
You can preserve salsa by canning it. This recipe has not been tested for canning. It is important to ensure that there is enough acid to make salsa safe for hot water bath preservation. At this time this recipe has not been approved for canning. I recommend freezing this recipe if you want to preserve this salsa.
More Chili’s Copycat Recipes
Favorite Mexican Dips
Be sure to check out more of my easy dip recipes and the best restaurant copycat recipes here on CopyKat.com!
Copycat Chili’s Salsa
Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 teaspoons canned diced jalapeño chiles
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 14.5 ounces whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro optional
Place the jalapeños and onions in a food processor. Process for just a few seconds.
Add both cans of tomatoes, garlic salt, cumin, and sugar. Process until everything is well blended, but do not puree.
Place in a container, cover, and chill well before serving.
Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.1mg