If you want to serve something really delicious to your guests at baby shower party, then this delicious lemon recipe is a perfect one to try. It is among one of my favorite recipes for this occasion and the great thing about it is that each of your guests would also love it due to its unique taste.
Here’s all you need:
3 cups flour
1.5 cup butter
8 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup icing sugar
2.5 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons sugar
Directions for making Delicious lemon squares:
1. Soften the butter in a deep bowl.
2. Blend sifted flour, half teaspoon baking powder and cup of icing sugar & make a uniform mixture.
3. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
4. Now take a 12 inch square pan and grease well by rubbing butter all inside it. Spread above mixture in the pan and press firmly.
5. Put the pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes and bring out to cool.
6. Mix eggs and granulated sugar and beat well.
7. In another bowl, mix 5 tablespoons sugar, lemon juice and baking powder. Stir well and add above mixture of eggs and sugar to it.
8. Make a uniform blend of all above and pour it over the baked layer.
9. Again bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
10. Remove from oven and allow cooling.
11. Sprinkle rest of icing sugar over it and cut into small squares.
You can garnish it with firmly sliced lemon pieces or sliced raspberry or cloud-berry. You can also make orange squares, if you do not want to use lemon in this recipe. Simply use orange juice instead of lemon juice and your delicious orange squares are ready to be served to your guests. Garnish it with slender round slices of orange and your amazingly appetizing recipe is all set to lure your guests.